|Published||May 13, 2023|
Join us at American Amicable! You'll play a key role on our Accounting & Finance team as a backup to our CFO and Controller. You'll be responsible for financial data and analysis, cash management, business analysis, insurance taxation, budget, and general accounting. This role is onsite at our ALICO building office.
* Develop a broad-based knowledge of the financial department in anticipation of acquiring supervisory responsibilities.
* Obtain full working knowledge of the interrelationships between financial reporting, general accounting, and tax functions.
* Lead a team of two employees.
* Review and assist with tax reporting (federal, corporate / state, premium tax, sales tax, and property tax).
* Review and assist with annual and quarterly statutory and IFRS financial statements.
* Review, assist and analyze budgets and forecasts.
* Oversight of the general ledger and related subsystems.
* Maintain the chart of accounts (both US STAT - Lifecom and IFRS - EBS)
* Maintenance and enhancement of existing financial reporting programs (Excel and Access).
* Assist the Chief Financial Officer in the delivery and presentation of financial results.
* Provide financial analyses as needed.
* Coordinate the Company's external audit and exam functions.
Is this you? You have a bachelor's degree in accounting and at least 5 years of life insurance experience including Statutory, US GAAP, or tax accounting experience. IFRS exposure is nice to have. Experience leading a team or desire to be a people leader.
Technologies: Microsoft Access and Excel
Culture: approachable, built on respect.
How we'll take care of you! Work-life balance! Competitive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, 401K w/ match, PTO + Wellness Days, Wellness Allowance), A Human Approach, Career Advancement, Professional Development Opportunities, & Quality Working Conditions.
American Amicable is a part of iA Financial Group, one of the largest insurance and wealth management groups in North America. Tracing its roots back to 1910, the American-Amicable Life Insurance Company of Texas is a progressive special markets insurer. The Company offers innovative life insurance and annuity products developed to target the individual needs of protection, wealth creation, and estate preservation.
iA Financial Group is the fourth largest life and health insurance company in Canada and offers a wide range of products for all stages of life and to meet the needs of clients across its vast sales network. Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group's stability and solidity make it an employer of choice that invests in its employees and their development over the long term. Our CEO, Denis Ricard won #1 Insurance CEO in Canada from Glassdoor in 2022! Our parent company is ranked on Glassdoor & Forbes best list of companies in Canada.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At iA, we support and celebrate diversity. We strive to provide a workplace that is recognized as inclusive for all, regardless of ethnic origin, nationality, language, religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family situation, or physical or mental disability.
Please note that if you need help or assistance to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please contact us. Someone from our team will be happy to assist you.