DeFi Engineering Manager
|Published||May 8, 2023|
About this role
The current wave of cryptocurrency innovation is centered around DeFi and expanding use cases for its viability. This role is focused on leading engineering teams to ship innovative DeFi offerings for lending and borrowing. You will work closely with product leaders to drive success of your shipments across product discovery and delivery.
What you will work on:
- Lead a diverse team of smart contracts, backend and front-end engineers to create innovative end-to-end solutions for decentralized lend and borrow applications
- Own the teams technical vision and roadmap - creating success metrics in close collaboration with other cross-functional stakeholders
- Setup and streamline effective processes to ensure the right prioritization and urgency management that aligns with business goals
- Be a strong presence and provide positive, influence and impact to Venus success
- Ship offerings by leveraging innovative infrastructure based on decentralized money markets and stablecoins on public and permissioned blockchains
- Work across business, product, engineering, legal and marketing to deeply understand needs, risks and gain agreement on product requirements
- Contribute to assessing viability, desirability and feasibility of new offerings in collaboration with product teams
- Managing multiple parallel projects in discovery and delivery through iterations alongside product, and ensuring acceptance of feature releases
- At least 5 years experience as an Engineering Manager within capital markets, derivatives, or some other field related to financial engineering/trading (preferably at large bank or similar asset management environment) OR professional experience at a DeFi protocol/cryptocurrency exchange
- Conversant in the fundamentals of DeFi
- Understanding of the following tech stack; Solidity, Go, Node.js (Solidity is a must have)
- You have an engineering or finance degree, prior software engineering or very strong technical work experience in financial markets
- Ideally you have previous technical experience with blockchain technology. You are driven by shipping financial services built on crypto assets and public blockchain infrastructure.
- Relationship builder: Ability to build strong, lasting relationships and make connections across teams and clients
- Urgency: Instills a strong sense of urgency and focus on delivering value for the organization continually within the team.
- Perseverance: Demonstrates resilience and persistence to achieve business outcomes in the face of adversity.