|Published||November 6, 2022|
|Location||New York, NY|
Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Developer - Blockchain/Ethereum for a direct placement with one of our premier financial services clients in New York, NY.
- The successful candidate will be part of the core team building our Distributed Ledger Technology Platform.
- The appropriate candidate will be actively encouraged to seek innovative ideas and fresh thinking for strategic technical solutions and enhancements to business needs.
- The ideal candidate will be an energetic and resourceful team player who can comfortably work with/lead a large team of highly motivated individuals within firm's globally innovation lab network.
- Help maintain our success as leaders in new Digital Economy.
- Design and engineer high quality DLT solutions efficiently and at speed.
- Contribute to the development of cutting-edge distributed ledger technology innovations.
- Develop and refine feature specifications and deliver high-quality software components and end user experiences within an Agile development environment.
- Compose and deliver documents for technology design, functional requirements, non-functional requirements, and interface control to meet project objectives.
- Define scope of effort, work deliverables, and project plans.
- Help resolve/escalate issues as needed to successfully deliver projects on time, on budget and with quality.
- Adhere to industry standards for best practices.
- You will gain significant experience of the technologies and businesses and engineering groups across this larg firm, giving you exposure to new and existing methodologies and systems as well as the opportunity to work with multiple teams around the globe.
- As a member of the Innovation Lab, you will have to opportunity to work with a team of highly motivated, T-shaped, smart individuals who think out of the box and look for disruptive opportunities for commercial benefit.
- Exposure to newly released and upcoming technologies and the ability to positively contribute to the strategies of the business
- By working within the senior leadership team of the innovation network you will be highly visibly across the firm and will have access to firm's executive management team.
- Bachelor's degree in CS or Engineering; MS or PhD in computer science, or related discipline a plus.
- 3-5 years' experience in product/ platform engineering
- 6-10 years' experience in full software development and testing lifecycle.
- Experience in driving business results through effective use of technology solutions.
- Strong background in the financial services and banking industry.
- Strong team player with ability to communicate to technical/ non-technical stakeholders at all levels and a start-up mindset.
- Proven history of delivering high-quality, increasingly complex, commercial software products.
- Strong engineering fundamentals (testing, code reviews, code structure, readable and maintainable code).
- Hands-on development experience with must have hands-on skills in JAVA/J2EE, spring boot, spring framework stack and Agile methodologies.
- Solid understanding of Ethereum Stack, experience with smart contract development and privacy chains such as Hyperledger-Besu, Go-Quorum, Hypereledger-Fabric and R3/ Corda a plus.
- Hands-on experience building Microservices based on best practices/patterns, RestFul, GraphQL APIs and event streaming pipelines based on lightweight protocols (MQTT, AMQP, etc.)
- Strong command in Java and of at least 2 other languages, including but not limited to Rust, Golang, and Solidity, using high-performance, high-availability, secure coding practices.
- Excellent computer science fundamentals: demonstrable command of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns along with capability to translate them into working, elegant code.
- Ability to deploy on hybrid cloud architectures supporting distributed systems, applications, and business use cases on OpenShift, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Intricate knowledge of controls for consistent deployment and management of applications using best-in-class DevOps practices with toolsets such as git, Jira, Jenkins, RLM/ Ansible/ Terraform etc.
- Experience documenting standards, procedures, interfaces, and functional requirements.
- Must be highly motivated, have a proven ability and experience working with senior client stakeholders and enterprise applications within the financial services industry.
- Should have background in innovation including design thinking & engineering and possess solid commercial awareness
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO Employer: Race, Color, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Religion, National Origin, Disability, Veteran Status, Age, Marital Status, Pregnancy, Genetic Information, or Other Legally Protected Status. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com . - provided by Dice