|Published||November 14, 2022|
The Transmute team is looking to add a Director of Engineering with specific expertise in enterprise security software development, engineering management and technical product strategy. This is a senior role that reports directly to the CTO.
Your primary responsibility will be to build and lead a high-performing team of engineers who can build enterprise-scale B2B products. Writing code regularly is not a requirement, but weighing in on architecture decisions, technical product direction, and software development lifecycle issues is.
- Lead recruiting, interviewing and hiring of the engineers, with clear goals of of their areas of focus within Transmute and their growth trajectory
- Oversee end-to-end development for the core product and contributions to open source community
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements
- Work with non-technical stakeholders and the product team to refine and prioritize the product roadmap for customers, investors, the internal engineering team and the open source technical community
- Engage with the product team to set engineering priorities and plan sprints and product delivery effectively
- Support product, sales and marketing team in technical conversations with prospective and current customers
- Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations with 3rd-party products and enterprise systems
- Lead technical innovation with development of experimental prototypes to test technologies, tools and development approaches
- Develop and maintain security policies, procedures and documentation
- Attend technical conferences, publish blog posts, and develop corporate thought leadership in the areas of Enterprise Identity Access Management (IAM), Security Audit and Compliance, and Decentralized/Blockchain Technology
At Transmute we are looking for great people and are open to different education and professional experiences. Please apply if you believe you are a good fit!
- Force multiplier: a team player who makes everyone around them better.
- Experience managing and growing a team of more than 3 engineers for a period of longer than 2 years
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Familiarity with semantic web technologies and graph database technologies such as OntoText, Neo4j
- Experience defining and leading the delivery of an API portfolio that is consumable by both internal and external parties (including open source community)
- Understanding of microservices architecture and cloud infrastructure
- Familiarity with Rest API Design, OpenAPI / Swagger, GraphQL, JSON and XML
- Familiarity with standardized protocol for internet token-based authorization such as oAuth
- Familiarity with tools such as Jira, Postman, Google Console Log
- Several years experience directly involved in the process of defining, designing, testing, deploying and maintaining production software applications in conjunction with technical teams
Bonus Experience & Skills...
- Foundational knowledge of Verifiable Credentials (VCs), and Decentralized Identifiers (DIDs)
- Experience managing an API-based product for an open source community
- Experience leading development of B2B products
- Experience leveraging the latest decentralized technologies (Ethereum, IPFS, etc.)
- Experience building complex software systems, successfully delivered to customers
- CI/CD background with architectural knowledge around how services are constructed
- Experience in communicating with users and other technical teams, managing requirements collection, feature definition, and technical designs
We leverage emerging cryptography for legacy systems to drive cost savings and revenue for businesses. We use Jira to plan and manage two-week sprints with a goal of at least monthly minor releases.
While we will continue to integrate new technologies into the Transmute Platform, our current tech stack includes:
- MongoDB for Database
- Auth0 for Authentication
- Solidity for our Ethereum Smart Contracts
- Ethereum and IPFS for decentralized services
- Github for version control and CI/CD
Transmute is a small and growing team backed by Techstars. We are headquartered in downtown Austin, TX, but are a remote-first company committed to adding the best talent to our team from around the world. We're good at what we do and enjoy working on emerging technology.
We strongly believe in and adhere to our values including flexibility, mutual respect, and open-source innovation. We provide team members with the kind of commitment and support that only small, agile startups can. We value individual and professional growth and are committed to the long-term success of our team.
Pay is contingent on experience.