|Published||November 19, 2022|
|Location||Palo Alto, CA|
|Job Type||Contractor Full-time|
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
We are searching for a productive, strategic, and empathetic Engineering Manager leader who is excited about building technologies that will impact billions of people around the world. You will have the demonstrable ability to make good decisions and enjoy working with and coaching teams. Your primary tasks will be to hire and mentor engineers, guide technical direction, and also contribute meaningfully in a hands-on way for one of our many engineering teams in coordination with our CTO. Ideally, you will also contribute to product direction as well.
We are looking for someone who is inspired by ideals such as:
- Building trust, respect, and empathy
- Fostering a sense of team and mission
- Understanding how we build and why
- Having strong working relationships at all levels across the organization
- Representing our mission, culture, and commitment to diversity, inclusion, and belonging
- Getting team members excited to take on new challenges
What You'll Be Doing:
- Working with engineers across our teams and with our external developer partners to improve the developer experience
- Coaching, managing and mentoring team members; including overseeing goals and deliverables for the overall team and individual team members
- Supporting our Recruiting team to make great hires that add to our technical culture and reflect our values
- Leading by example, by participating in engineering discussion and implementations of the libraries and frameworks;
What We're Looking For:
- 7+ years of experience as a hands-on software engineer
- 2+ years mentoring and/or managing high-performing teams
- Experience with tools, practices, and programming patterns for ensuring software correctness
- A knack for helping engineers solve problems
- Experience with a systems programming language such as Rust, Go, Swift, or C/C++ Interest or experience in "smart contract" languages, especially Move and Solidity
- Interest or experience in open, decentralized, permissionless technologies, and the intersection of contemporary technology, economics, finance and governance.
- Exceptional written communication skills and an enthusiasm for clear and concise
- Willingness to participate in technical discussions and reviews synchronously, asynchronously, in person or remotely
While our HQ is currently in Palo Alto, California, we support a hybrid remote work culture and we are hiring across the world. We raised our first round of funding from some of the top firms led by a16z and Multicoin. In addition to our remote-friendly work culture, we offer the following to all Aptos employees:
- Health insurance coverage
- Equipment of your choice
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (i.e. RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace and we're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.