|Published||August 25, 2023|
|Location||New York, NY|
An Innovation Labs Middleware and Distributed Ledger Technology Senior Engineer must be highly motivated, have a proven ability and experience working with senior client stakeholders and enterprise applications within the financial services industry. The successful candidate will be part of the core team building our Middleware and Distributed Ledger Technology Platform. The appropriate candidate will be actively encouraged to seek innovative ideas and fresh thinking for strategic technical solutions and enhancements to business needs. The ideal candidate will be an energetic and resourceful team player who can comfortably work with/lead a large team of highly motivated individuals within Citi's globally innovation lab network.
We are looking for candidates who will help maintain our success as leaders in new Digital Economy. The successful individual should have background in innovation including design thinking & engineering and possess solid commercial awareness.
In this role, you will be handling the following (but not limited to) responsibilities:
- Design and engineer high quality Middleware and DLT solutions efficiently and at speed.
- Contribute to the development of cutting-edge distributed ledger technology innovations.
- Develop and refine feature specifications and deliver high-quality software components and end user experiences within an Agile development environment.
- Compose and deliver documents for technology design, functional requirements, non-functional requirements, and interface control to meet project objectives.
- Define scope of effort, work deliverables, and project plans.
- Help resolve/escalate issues as needed to successfully deliver projects on time, on budget and with quality.
- Adhere to industry standards for best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in CS or Engineering; MS or PhD in computer science, or related discipline a plus.
- 3-5 years' experience in product/ platform engineering
- 6-10 years' experience in full software development and testing lifecycle.
- Experience in driving business results through effective use of technology solutions.
- Strong background in the financial services and banking industry.
- Strong team player with ability to communicate to technical/ non-technical stakeholders at all levels and a start-up mindset.
- Proven history of delivering high-quality, increasingly complex, commercial software products.
- Strong engineering fundamentals (testing, code reviews, code structure, readable and maintainable code).
- Hands-on development experience with must have hands-on skills in JAVA/J2EE, spring boot, spring framework stack and Agile methodologies.
- Solid understanding of Ethereum Stack, experience with smart contract development and privacy chains such as Hyperledger-Besu, Go-Quorum, Hypereledger-Fabric and R3/ Corda a plus.
- Hands-on experience building Microservices based on best practices/patterns, RestFul, GraphQL APIs and event streaming pipelines based on lightweight protocols (MQTT, AMQP, etc.)
- Strong command in Java and of at least 2 other languages, including but not limited to Rust, Golang, and Solidity, using high-performance, high-availability, secure coding practices.
- Excellent computer science fundamentals: demonstrable command of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns along with capability to translate them into working, elegant code.
- Ability to deploy on hybrid cloud architectures supporting distributed systems, applications, and business use cases on OpenShift, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Intricate knowledge of controls for consistent deployment and management of applications using best-in-class DevOps practices with toolsets such as git, Jira, Jenkins, RLM/ Ansible/ Terraform etc.
- Experience documenting standards, procedures, interfaces, and functional requirements.
You will gain significant experience of the technologies and businesses and engineering groups across Citi, giving you exposure to new and existing methodologies and systems as well as the opportunity to work with multiple teams around the globe.
As a member of the Innovation Lab, you will have to opportunity to work with a team of highly motivated, T-shaped, smart individuals who think out of the box and look for disruptive opportunities for commercial benefit.
Exposure to newly released and upcoming technologies and the ability to positively contribute to the strategies of the business
By working within the senior leadership team of the innovation network you will be highly visibly across the Citi and will have access to Citi's executive management team.
Job Family Group:
New York New York United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$137,610.00 - $206,420.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting