|Published||May 25, 2023|
|Location||Los Angeles, CA|
Protocol Engineer needed for well-funded, fast-growing Web3 IP infrastructure startup!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Colin Callahan
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $160,000 - $400,000 per year
A bit about us:
Based in LA, we are a well-funded and fast-growing Crypto startup backed by some of the brightest minds in crypto and entertainment that is constructing a platform where innovators and contributors collaborate to cultivate and unleash cutting-edge content for the future. Through the integration of blockchain technology and traditional creative practices, Our collaboration infrastructure incentivizes, acknowledges, and validates creators, partners, and supporters. By enabling access to a more transparent creative process, We are actively working towards a more comprehensive and pioneering future for the entertainment industry.
We are revolutionizing the creation, ownership, and sharing of intellectual property (IP). At the core of this mission lies our reputation and collaboration protocol. This position will primarily focus on implementing a system that facilitates extensive human coordination, aiming to drive creative collaboration and fan engagement around new IP.
If you are a talented Protocol Engineer with experience building on Ethereum, we want to speak with you right away!
Why join us?
1. Strong compensation and benefits
2. Amazing team, work environment, and company culture
3. Huge growth potential!
- Health benefits, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Flexible Vacation - Unlimited paid-time and sick day policy. All federal holidays are given
- Quarterly Mental Health Days - Take a day for the entire team to reset and recharge
- Paid Day of Service - All eligible employees (full and part-time) are given one paid day off from work to volunteer with the charity of their choice
- 401k - Easily plan your retirement by making contributions to either a traditional 401k or Roth IRA plan
- Lead development efforts for future versions of the Protocol, both core and peripheral contracts. This includes initial R&D, specification design, development, testing, auditing, deployment, and maintenance
- Collaborate with product, engineers, and executive stakeholders to finalize protocol designs and support production implementations
- Optimize the protocol to maximize efficiency, throughput, and overall performance
- Conduct thorough testing and validation of the protocol, identifying and resolving any vulnerabilities or potential issues
- 2+ years experience with protocol development on Ethereum
- Experience in a senior engineering role with a Web2 or Web3 tech company
- Knowledge in advanced cryptography, such as group signature and zero knowledge proofs, and understanding of IPFS and distributed hash tables
- Confidence in design decision making, related to protocol development / smart contract development
- First principles and systems thinker interested in addressing problems related to human coordination, collaboration, incentives, and market design
- Familiarity with reputation and collaboration systems, including related concepts such as game theory, incentive design, and social trust
- Exceptional judgment when encountering complex technical design trade-offs
Nice to Haves:
- Strong knowledge of the EVM
- Blockchain smart contract development with Solidity
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field is preferred by not required
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.