|February 9, 2024
What You'll Be A Part Of:
Founded in 2015 by CEO Barry Silbert, Digital Currency Group is the most active investor in the blockchain sector with a mission to accelerate the development of a better financial system through the proliferation of digital assets and blockchain technology. Today, DCG sits at the epicenter of the industry, backing more than 200 blockchain-related companies in over 35 countries. DCG also invests directly in digital currencies and other digital assets.
We passionately believe digital currency and blockchain technology will drive global economic and social change. Our unique model enables us to deploy our resources to build over the long term.
What you'll be a part of:
Digital Currency Group is a global enterprise that builds, buys, and invests in leading blockchain and digital asset companies all over the world. Founded in 2015 by CEO Barry Silbert, the company's mission is to accelerate the development of a better financial system through the development of digital assets and blockchain technology. Today, DCG sits at the epicenter of the fintech industry, backing more than 150 companies in 35 countries. In addition to its investment portfolio, DCG is the parent company of Genesis (a global digital asset prime brokerage), Grayscale Investments (the largest digital currency asset manager), CoinDesk (the leading media and events company in the digital asset space), Foundry (a digital asset mining and staking company), and Luno (a Bitcoin and Digital Asset Exchange).
We passionately believe bitcoin and blockchain technology will drive global economic and social change. Our unique model enables us to deploy our resources to build the bitcoin and blockchain ecosystem over the long term. Join us and be part of the team that is transforming the future of finance.
About the opportunity:
A CT based cryptocurrency firm is looking to onboard an experienced Quantitative Trader with expertise in centralized and decentralized crypto trading. As a vital member of their trading team, you will be instrumental in developing and implementing quantitative strategies to capitalize on opportunities in the ever-expanding liquid token space. This role will report to the Director of Trading and be required to work in the Stamford based office a minimum of 2-days per week. Other days may be remote or in-office.
What you'll be responsible for:
The Quantitative Trader works on the Investments Team and partner with other business functions. This role is accountable for the following day-to-day responsibilities:
- Conduct quantitative analysis to identify trading opportunities in centralized and decentralized crypto markets
- Develop and implement algorithmic trading strategies tailored to liquid tokens
- Work with team to build trading infrastructure from the ground up
- Stay abreast of market trends, emerging technologies, and regulatory developments in cryptocurrencies
- Execute trades efficiently to optimize performance and mitigate risks
- Monitor and manage portfolio exposures, ensuring compliance with risk management guidelines
What you'll bring:
- Master's or PhD degree in a quantitative field (Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.)
- Minimum of 2-5 years experience and a proven track record of successful trading in crypto markets
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Adaptable to the fast-paced and evolving nature of the crypto industry
- Understanding of regulatory considerations in the crypto space
- Proven experience as a quantitative trader in crypto space
- In-depth knowledge of blockchain technology, smart contracts, and decentralized protocols
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Golang, Python, Solidity, or other relevant languages
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to interpret complex data and market trends
- Familiarity with decentralized exchanges (DEX) and decentralized lending protocols
- Experience in risk management and portfolio optimization in a decentralized context
We are looking for people with:
- Strong work ethic and unparalleled integrity
- Creativity, passion, and who are natural self-starters and problem solvers
- A high degree of ownership in everything you do
- A desire to work in an intellectually vibrant, highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and collaborative environment
What we offer:
- Inspiring colleagues and an invigorating startup environment
- Competitive base salary, bonus, and incentive compensation
- Company paid health insurance for employee, partner, and dependents
- Life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- 401K plan
- Pre-tax transit and parking program
- Pre-tax flexible spending program for medical and dependent care
- Flexible time off and paid parental leave
- New water-front office with world-class perks and amenities
- Access to thought leaders in crypto
Location: Stamford, CT
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.