Risk Quant – Financial Services – Quant Trading Book – Senior – Consulting – Location NY
|Published||February 1, 2023|
|Location||New York, NY|
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
CONSULTING SENIOR - QUANT TRADING BOOK - This position could be located in NYC, NJ, NC
EY Financial Services Office teams (“FSO”) have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. The Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) – Quantitative Advisory Services Trading Book (QTB) practice, offers a combination of quantitative, qualitative, regulatory, and technology skills along with broad industry experience to our clients. The practice assists financial institutions by driving efficiency, effectiveness, and balanced risk coverage across the organization’s governance, risk, and compliance activities.
EY is currently seeking highly motivated individuals to be part of our QTB team. You will use quantitative techniques to help our clients solve risk management issues facing the financial services sector, drive business efficiencies, and manage risks in their portfolio. Our team is engaged in high exposure quantitative service projects related to the development and validation of financial models used for valuation of financial instruments, advanced analytics, and risk management.
Our team brings deep industry knowledge and quantitative modeling experiences to support our clients in the evolving regulatory landscape. As a member of the EY team, you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients, learn on the job, and build insight into the market landscape.
If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic QTB team!
As part of our Advisory Services, you will have the opportunity to team with a variety of QTB professionals and clients to deliver professional services and actively participate in our growing practice. Our teams are engaged in projects related to the model development, validation, technical documentation and other quantitative services related to front office pricing, risk management (market risk, counterparty credit risk, operational risk, liquidity risk, and climate risks), digital asset / crypto analytics, wealth and asset management, Financial Crime (FinCrime) / cybersecurity analytics, balance sheet and income statement stress testing. You will work on client assignments that will help you deepen and broaden your skills, while gaining valuable and rewarding experiences. With each engagement, you can expect to build leadership, communication, and client management skills, as well as sharpen your technical skills and problem-solving capabilities.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior in QTB, among other things, your primary responsibilities will include delivering services in quantitative risk management and governance, model development and implementation, model/system documentation, and model validation, while establishing relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels and consistently delivering quality client services.
Other responsibilities may also include:
- Supporting the development and validation of mathematical/statistical models for valuation of advanced financial instruments, risk models, and other analytical tools
- Performing detailed data analysis to help clients solve business problems and complex issues in the financial services industry
- Documenting results, suggesting ideas for efficiencies, and reaching conclusions
Skills and attributes for success
You would have opportunities to:
- Perform advanced analytical analyses and apply critical thinking to help our clients solve business issues
- Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities, ability to apply quantitative techniques and analytical tools to various business analyses and professional knowledge
- Communicate and interpret technical concepts to both technical and non-technical client stakeholders
- Maintain an ambitious attitude towards finding innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Bring functional experience in financial risk modelling and demonstrate knowledge of risk management function processes and overall model lifecycle management
- Have functional knowledge related to some of the following: modeling knowledge of financial risks and derivative products (e.g., equity, FX, commodities, credit and interest rates), risk management, model development, model validation, advanced analytics (e.g., machine learning techniques)
- Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and budgets
- Establish relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels
- Understand our clients’ needs and consistently deliver quality client services focusing on more complex and specialized issues
- Stay abreast of current business and industry trends in advanced analytics
- Coach and mentor junior staff and new hires
Qualifications that we are looking for
A Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years’ experience, or a Masters’ degree with at least 2 years’ experience, or a PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Finance, Data sciences or other related fields. Work experiences must be in quantitative areas as described below.
Experience working with
- Financial product engineering/research and development designing and developing quantitative methods and services for capital market and derivative products
- Quantitative methods and capital markets products, including FO pricing, Market, Counterparty Credit, and other risk models
- Statistical and numerical techniques and the principles of the theory of probability and stochastic calculus
- Statistical languages (e.g., R, MATLAB, SAS), programming (e.g., C/C++, Python, Java, Solidity, VBA) and database languages (e.g., SQL)
- Big data/machine learning and AI techniques, including neural network and deep learning frameworks and machine learning tools (e.g., TensorFlow, Theano, Torch, Keras)
- Digital asset risk analytics and modeling, DeFi protocols testing, and blockchain analytics
- Climate/ESG risk analytics and stress testing
Ideally, you must also have
- Leadership as well as proven project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for client presentations and project management
- Willingness to travel to meet client needs
What we look for
We’re interested in intellectually curious people, with the ability to adjust to change and thrive in a constantly evolving environment. You’ll need to be capable of asking the tough questions and independently driving their own career and learning initiatives. You’ll also need excellent organizational skills and a proven record of multitasking and working effectively across multiple projects. If you’re ready to contribute your big ideas and make a measurable difference right from the start, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial, and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
- An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
- Support, coaching, and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
What we offer
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The salary range for this job in most geographic locations in the US is $90,600 to $149,600. The salary range for New York City Metro Area, Washington State and California (excluding Sacramento) is $108,700 to $170,000. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].