|Published||November 13, 2022|
|Location||New York, NY|
Are you looking to join an organization that is growing and dynamic? What about a high-energy, collaborative environment that rewards hard work?
J.S. Held is a global consulting firm providing technical, scientific, and financial expertise across all assets and value at risk. Our professionals serve as trusted advisors to organizations facing high-stakes events demanding urgent attention, staunch integrity, clear-cut analysis, and an understanding of both tangible and intangible assets. The firm provides a comprehensive suite of services, products, and data that enable clients to navigate complex, contentious, and often catastrophic situations. We have over 100 locations worldwide. We are highly committed to all members of our community, both employees and clients. Our organization focuses on promoting a sense of community and inspiring our people to achieve results that exceed goals.
The Team and Job Summary
We are seeking a Senior Associate to join our Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Financial Investigations practice. This is a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurial, highly driven person with a well-rounded skill set to join the JS Held team. The ideal person for this role will need to not only have a strong grasp of investigations, but also be a flexible and a strategic thinker able to take on a variety of tasks. Specifically, we are looking to add an individual who has a developed understanding of blockchain and cryptocurrency. This role will not only be investigatory in nature but will encompass many of the financial crime related elements that the cryptocurrency industry is experiencing.
- Utilize knowledge of databases and programming languages to analyze and interpret data, including historical financial, operational, and transactional data
- Identify, research, and organize information to assess the quality of data to facilitate effective analysis, identifying any potentially sensitive content
- Execute projects involving the identification, collection, processing, review, and production of electronic data relevant to security and regulatory investigations
- Create, prepare, and validate analyses, reports, presentations, and other deliverables regarding project scope and results of work performed
- Participate in client meetings to review results of work performed
- Responsible for management of day-to-day project activities, including interaction with other team members, professionals from other firms, and client staff
- Ability to understand, analyze, and trace cryptocurrency transactions
- BA/BS or MA/MS in Computer Science, Cyber Security, MIS, Business Analytics, or another relevant field
- Strong background in the analysis of accounting, finance, insurance, manufacturing and other real world transactional data sets
- 3+ years of experience working in a consulting firm or similar environment
- High level of proficiency in Python, Java, C or equivalent
- Proficiency in SQL. Experience with both traditional and cloud-based database servers
- Someone who is naturally curious, listens carefully and motived to begin the problem-solving process once you have the information you need.
- Possess strong quantitative and qualitative research and analytical skills.
- Able to adapt quickly.
- Relevant experience in blockchain and cryptocurrency is preferred.
- Programming skills are a plus: Python, R, SQL, Solidity, Go, Rust.
- Outstanding at written and speaking skills; must be able to create status reports, write official reports, forensic reports, and demonstrate an ability to convey the complexity of blockchain and cryptocurrency in easy-to-understand ways.
- Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to provide clarity to complex issues and synthesize large amounts of information.
- Experience with Blockchain analytics platforms, including TRM Labs, or equivalent.
- Certified Bitcoin Professional or Cryptocurrency Investigator preferred.
Physical and Mental Job Qualifications
- Ability to travel as needed
J.S. Held is dedicated to becoming the global leader in providing multi-disciplinary consulting services to the construction, government, healthcare, industrial, insurance, energy, legal, and technology, communities. We have diverse practice areas including Construction Advisory, Financial Investigations, Forensic Accounting & Economics, Forensic Architecture & Engineering, Surety, Environmental Health & Safety, Equipment, Toxicology, and Building & Property Consulting, among other disciplines. J.S. Held is devoted to recruiting and cultivating top industry talent to build a collaborative and diverse team of experts. We leverage our experience to provide local, cost-efficient solutions and an unrivaled client experience.
Our mission is to serve as trusted, expert advisors to organizations around the world facing high-stakes situations that demand urgent attention, exceptional knowledge, staunch integrity and objective, clear- cut analysis and advice.
Some of the Benefits We Have Include
J.S. Held understands all our employees are people and sometimes life needs flexibility. We work to always provide an environment that best supports and suits our team’s needs.
- Our flexible work environment allows employees to work remotely, when needed
- Generous PTO Policy
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Match
- Commuter Benefits
A reasonable estimate of the salary range for this role is $90,000 - $130,000. Any offered salary range is based on a wide array of factors including but not limited to skillset, experience, training, location, scope of role, management responsibility, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the J.S. Held Online Privacy Notice and hereby freely and unambiguously give informed consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of your personal information as required and described therein.
Please explore what we’re all about at www.jsheld.com.
EEO and Job Accommodations
We embrace diversity and our commitment to building a team and environment that fosters professional and personal enrichment is unwavering. We are greater when we are equal!
J.S. Held is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request for a reasonable accommodation, please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] and include “Applicant Accommodation” within the subject line with your request and contact information.