|Published||November 10, 2022|
|Location||San Francisco, CA|
Masa is making web3 accessible to everyone by bringing the next billion people to DeFi. We are building the world's first hybrid credit protocol; enabling people to create a 'soulbound' identity with which they can access credit and other financial products in DeFi by linking off-chain and on-chain financial data and assets. By building Masa we are seeking to disrupt traditional centralized identity and credit infrastructure by providing individuals, businesses, and developers with the tools needed to access credit and enable untapped wealth creation for 4.95B people globally. We are mission driven at our core and have a clear vision for a decentralized global future. We are backed by seasoned investors in both web2 and web3, including, Unshackled Ventures, Goldentree Asset Management, the founder of Celo, the founder of Earnest, and partners from LateralCapital.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Senior Blockchain Engineer who has a deep love for a decentralized future and high-performance. The perfect fit will have worked in a fully remote distributed team, and have serious blockchain development chops! You will get your hands dirty building our APIs, architect and launch blockchain infrastructure, and go hands on with our smart contracts to build the world's first soulbound token identity authentication later. Working through the stack you will build and launch smart contracts, interfaces, and dashboards for internal and external stakeholders, building rapidly iterative MVPs and proof-of-concepts you will get products to market quickly with a 'perfection is the enemy of progress' mentality. We are not scared of moving fast and breaking things!
This is a remote role open to candidates eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship. Masa is not able to offer sponsorship at this time. Candidates for this role must be available to work from 8 am - 5 pm PST.
In this role, you will:
- Work within the Engineering team to be one of the main contributors to our decentralization products
- Create prototypes and evaluate applicability, performance, and scalability
- Lead discovery that can help Masa's understanding of specific blockchain use cases
- Work with Engineering to design and build internal and external smart contract services commensurate with the expectations of enterprise-grade products
- Continuously deliver capabilities, features & optimal experiences via Masa's decentralized web and mobile apps
- Work with the Masa team to translate product requirements into engineering reqs, and identify the fastest, leanest way to deliver joy to our customers
- Work with the API Team to scope & integrate Masa's blockchain architecture into our web and mobile applications
- Be a strong voice in product design and work-planning conversations.
- Be a thought leader, and find your perfect fit in the company through our team culture program
- Drive engineering excellence - promote and introduce best practices within the team
- Evaluate customer use cases from a technical and data-driven perspective
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Degree in computer science or engineering, with 5+ years of industry experience
- Experienced in designing and shipping blockchain products and smart contracts in production environments to thousands of users
- Strong knowledge of concurrency and experience writing efficient, safe and multithreaded code
- Experienced in developing smart contracts
- Experience with digital assets and have worked with at least one open-source project within the Blockchain space
- Experience with the NFT space; marketplaces or exchanges is a plus
- Experience developing, deploying and maintaining web-apps and cloud-native (AWS, GCP...)
- Experience with blockchain architecture and dist ributed systems design
- Familiarity with basic cryptography
- Strong relational data modeling skills & ability to analyze access patterns and optimize table defs
- Experience working on applications with sensitive personally identifiable information (PII), and familiarity with encryption, design-for-privacy, and data protection
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Comprehensive stock option plans, including equity and tokens
- 100% health/dental/vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited PTO with a 3 week minimum
- Mission driven, founder-led company
- Remote-first culture
- Decentralized values and work ethic
- Home office setup reimbursement
- Co-working space in Shack15 at the ferry building in San Francisco
Salary Range: $170,000 - $200,000, dependent upon experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Masa Finance. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.