|Published||November 5, 2022|
|Location||Jersey City, NJ|
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will be part of the Onyx engineering team that is responsible for designing, developing and supporting software for products, platform and services for various stages in the product life cycle.
- Team's responsibilities include designing & developing de-centralized applications (dApps) on Ethereum based blockchain implementation. This includes developing Solidity based smart contracts and end-2-end stack for the dApp.
- You will be partnering across the businesses in close collaboration with technology and product/business stakeholders.
- You will represent Onyx engineering team both internally and externally as a technical thought leader in Blockchain and DeFi space.
- You will be a stickler to the software engineering practices, including peer code reviews, developer documentation while minimizing technical debt.
- Strong command of computer science fundamentals and software development and engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of software engineering and development experience.
- Experience designing and developing products in blockchain networks. Strong knowledge of public networks and currencies highly desirable.
- Hands-on development experience with web3 tools, dApp ( de-centralized applications) , smart contract development, tokenization of currencies or assets.
- Good understanding of Ethereum virtual machines and fundamental understanding Blockchain stack such as consensus algorithms.
- Understanding of DeFi Protocols, Oracles, Different Layers ( L1, L2 etc).
- Experience in Developer / Design in large and complex distributed computing environments
- Experience with cloud infrastructure services such as Amazon ( AWS).
- Comfortable with development on both Unix and MacOS.
- Comfortable developing with source control systems such as Git and BitBucket.
- Experience with blockchain security technologies, cryptography knowledge.
- Understanding and knowledge of Open source blockchain networks such as Ethereum and related technology stack such as Defi, Privacy etc.
- Great communication & stakeholder management skill.
- Financial services experience is huge plus.
- A formal degree in computer science with strong understanding of algorithms, data structures, libraries etc.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans