|Published||August 27, 2023|
- Build new features, enhance existing functionality and fix issues in the Status Desktop application.
- Help develop and maintain Statuss QML UI component library (primarily used by the Status Desktop product)
- Advise and assist the other developers in the Desktop team as needed to help solve the hardest QML UI development challenges
- Contribute to C++ and Go codebases (and help with transitioning the codebase from Nim to C++ if you join us prior to this transition being completed), but dont worry if you dont have any prior Go or Nim experience.
- Be one of our resident experts for everything related to C++ and Qt/QML UI development.
You ideally will have
Dont worry if you dont meet all of these criteria, wed still love to hear from you anyway if you think youd be a great fit for this role!
- Expert level experience implementing UIs using Qt/QML/C++
- A strong ability to think about components and modules as they relate to other components as part of a larger system
- A very strong attention to detail and the willingness to deliver pixel perfect UI according to the designs.
- Provide feedback and product ideas to the designers as needed
- Experience with multithreading / concurrency
- Good communication skills in English
- A strong alignment to our principles: We are a passion driven project on a mission to build tools that protect and enable free speech.
Bonus points if you have
- Experience working in an open source organization
- A strong interest in blockchain technology and have a good understanding of Ethereum.
- Worked in a remote distributed environment that values asynchronous communication
- Knowledge of Go and/or Nim and/or Solidity is a plus
- Experience with using QT/QML to develop cross platform (Windows, OSX, Linux) desktop applications and mobile applications (iOS, Android) is a plus
- Prior experience with using Squish for functional testing QT apps
- Experience implementing openGL rendering in a QML context
- Any background or experience with cryptography and/or security
We are happy to pay in either 100% fiat or any mix of fiat and/or crypto. For more information regarding benefits at Status: https://people-ops.status.im/tag/perks/