|Published||November 15, 2022|
Zynga is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead engineering for our Zynga Blockchain team.
Our mission within Zynga Blockchain (ZBC) is to empower players to invest, own and earn through fun, high-quality, and enduring blockchain games they can trust. If you want to help shape the future of gaming with a world-class team, we look forward to hearing from you.
As Sr. Engineering Manager, you will work closely with the Product Management, Design, Art, and Production teams to craft the technical vision and team for multiple games, ensuring demands are met on time and to schedule without sacrificing quality, and are delivered in support of design and product requirements. This is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your career working for a top company in the mobile sector. Are you ready to be a key contributor to Zynga's Growth? Come and join us!
* Lead the Blockchain engineering organization as a center of excellence
* Direct architecture for front-end, back-end, and web3 technology stacks
* Guide Senior Leadership with a technical perspective as we develop studio strategy and tactics
* Partner with executives, product management, and game production teams to develop roadmaps for multiple games
* Identify and implement process improvements for the team: evolve, optimize, and define processes that can benefit projects in a proactive manner
* Manage career progression and implement development plans that keep engineers on the team motivated and engaged
* Track performance, both individual and team, including monitoring team health
* Demonstrate transparency and active communication within the team, across other Zynga teams, and with management
* Responsible for engineering onboarding, to ensure our engineering team runs effectively
Desired Experience and Skills:
* BS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
* Experience on web3 projects with a focus on web-based browser games
* 6+ years of related Software Development experience
* 3+ years of team-lead or management experience, including hiring, building key projects, and career management
* Familiarity with software development practices, including Agile, Test Driven Development, and Software (Games) as a Service
* Working knowledge of mobile app/game landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies and platforms
* Experience with Git
* Proficient in C#, C/C++
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, ELBs, ALBs, ElastiCache, DynamoDB, Aurora)
* Familiarity with Compliance / Regulatory requirements
* Enthusiastic colleague with strong collaboration and communication skills
What we offer you:
* Competitive salary, bonus plan, Take-Two RSU's (Restricted Stock Units), ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
* 401K Company Match Contribution
* Medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance, and disability benefits
* Virtual mental health and neurodiversity support programs
* Family planning support program
* Generous paid maternity/parental leave
* Subsidized Back-up child care
* Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
* Flexible working hours on many teams
* Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
* Work with cool people and impact millions of daily players
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse and talented workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome job-seekers, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds to join us!
We will consider all qualified job-seekers with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities in order to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to request an accommodation associated with your application for an open position.
This is a fully remote role that may be based anywhere in the United States. The pay range for this position for applicants based in Colorado at the start of employment is expected to be between $157,000 and $216,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Zynga does not engage in financial exchanges during the recruitment or onboarding process. We do not conduct job interviews over third-party messaging apps such as Telegram, WhatsApp or others. We will never ask you for your personal or financial information over unofficial chat channels. Our in-house recruitment team only contacts individuals via official company email addresses (i.e., via a zynga.com or naturalmotion.com email domain).
If you believe you have been the victim of a scam, you may wish to contact the authorities. In the United States, you may file a complaint with the FBI. More information is available here: https://www.ic3.gov.
Careers Category: Engineering
Careers location: Austin, TX, Carlsbad, CA, Chicago, IL, Eugene, OR, Los Angeles, CA, Remote, US
Connected Worker Type: Connected, Onsite, Offsite