|Published||September 5, 2022|
|Location||San Francisco, CA|
San Fran DeFi protocol startup is hiring for a Senior Frontend Software Engineer!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Sydney Weaver
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $170,000 - $210,000 per year
A bit about us:
What started as a few users, has turned into a global community that has collectively traded more than $3 billion of notional volume across 45,000+ trades and we're just getting started. This startup is pioneering DeFi-native derivatives and options infrastructure. They are building a capital-efficient DeFi options trading protocol that allows users to buy, sell, and create options on ERC20s. DeFi users and products rely on their smart contracts and interface to hedge themselves against DeFi risks or take speculative positions on different cryptocurrencies or tokens.
They believe that building an inclusive, fair, and open financial system is a problem that will be solved with a deep understanding of crypto, finance, security-focused engineering, and genuine empathy for users. Senior software engineers focusing on frontend contribute to our mission by owning the workflows and UX powered by their DeFi primitives. They are deeply curious about the reasons why users use their products and obsess over showing their value to the users through easy-to-understand UX. They are polyglot engineers who know how to use the best tools to deliver reliable, bug-free software with the most effective visualizations that enable their users to participate in a fair and open financial system. As early members, they will have a large stake in shaping the protocol and helping direct strategy and product execution.
Why join us?
In this role, you will…
- Be responsible for the creation of financial products using their protocol.
- Work closely with the engineering and research teams to synthesize and communicate market needs to inform product strategy.
- Work closely with other DeFi teams to understand their needs, advise them on product development and support them to integrate with our smart contract.
- Implement integrations with other protocols
They are looking for someone who …
- Is passionate about collaborating with top DeFi teams
- Is able to develop growth plans using metrics
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Has a growth mindset
- Is excited to keep up with the latest technical advancements in Ethereum development and can quickly learn how to work with services and tools even without previous experience
- Is enthusiastic for their mission
- Thrives with a diverse workplace valuing inclusion, diversity, & operational excellence
In one year you’ll know you are successful if...
- You have built a visualization for a key workflow that has delivered about 1 billion TVL
- You have improved our testing practices to ensure the highest quality code reaches our users
- You helped grow other engineers around you to deliver delightful user experiences using the most appropriate tools and best practices
- You have improved at least two critical user flows by performing user research and implementing solutions that solve their challenges
- Others seek out your feedback and perspectives on new features from the ideation phase
- You have improved our frontend code performance by at least 40%
A background like this helps...
- Experience with React, Typescript
- Familiarity or curiosity to learn solidity and/or rust
- Experience iterating in close collaboration with product partners
- Knowledge of financial products
- Knowledgeable and passionate about DeFi apps
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.