|Published||September 16, 2022|
|Location||New York, NY|
Launched in 2020, Sperax is headquartered in NYC. After envisioning a Sperax Layer 1 blockchain, the team transitioned to building the first auto-yield-bearing stablecoin: Sperax USD (USDs).
In December 2021, Sperax released USDs on L2 Arbitrum. Residing on-chain, USDs is backed by collateral and algorithmically by the protocol's ability to mint $1 worth of SPA when redeeming $1 of USDs. USDs combine the scalability benefits of algorithmic stablecoins with the stability benefits of collateralized stablecoins.
USDs holders benefit from native auto-yield, meaning that holders automatically earn yield without having to stake or claim. The yield is generated organically from the collateral deployed on external Defi protocols like Curve Finance.
Sperax's roadmap is to construct a full-stack Defi ecosystem based on USDs. As the USDs ecosystem expands through organic and partnership growth, the team plans to vitalize the L1 conceived during the company's incipient stage.
Sperax has received $7 million in early funding. Sperax is backed by Polychain Capital, Jump Trading, Alameda Research, Amber Group, and DJ Steve Aoki.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive high-level decisions about Sperax Protocol architecture, incentive structures and features in collaboration with the Product and Economics Research team
- Design/implement secure and reliable smart contracts in Solidity
- Architect, implement, test, and audit protocol upgrades and additions
- Research on multiple blockchain protocols
- Work in a fast-paced team to develop and iterate on new features
Our Requirements/ Qualification and Skills
- 6+ years of development experience and at least 3 years of smart contract developer experience in solidity
- Solid experience in delivering resilient and secure code in Solidity
- Knowledge and experience of the test-driven development
- Very good understanding of the Blockchain technologies, especially Ethereum
- Familiar with the common Smart Contract vulnerabilities
- Solid understanding of Ethereum infrastructure, e.g. Gnosis, TheGraph
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and token plan
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Work visa (H1B etc.) applications
- Multicultural work environment
- Beautiful office space in NYC Soho
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. What makes us different, makes us special. Apply today and let us know what makes you unique!