|Published||September 11, 2023|
|Location||New York, NY|
Who we are
Magna's goal is to be the one-stop solution for all token-based crypto companies who want to track outstanding and promised token allocations, automate the distribution of those tokens, and manage information about their stakeholders. Some liken us to "Carta for Web3".
Our mission is to make it easier for crypto companies to manage their tokens and tokenholders so that they can focus on their product and not custom internal tools and smart contracts as they scale. We work with projects of all sizes throughout various L1 & L2 ecosystems.
Tokens are amongst the core assets crypto companies use to compensate and incentivize investors, employees, advisors, and even community members. The most common use cases for Magna include:
- Token Vesting to employees and investors - Automated token distribution based on custom unlock schedules.
- Token Streaming - Continuous distribution of tokens to stakeholders.
- Airdrops - Vested airdrops to community members.
- Programmable Unlocks - Distributing tokens using our SDK based on contract interactions or in-app/in-game accomplishments.
- Stakeholder Management - Tracking tax liability and legal filings for tokenholders and more.
Magna's platform is used by investors, employees, accountants, lawyers, and other key stakeholders throughout the crypto ecosystem.
Why work at Magna?
- We're a highly technical team
We love the openness and transparency of web3, but we're working in the space because of the deep technical challenges that reward builders.
The blockchain isn't just a distributed ledger anymore, it's a distributed state machine. At Magna, we're not just building a new paradigm of software - we're also trying to leverage the best of web2 while we're at it. It's amazing fun if you're a developer who's new to web3 and able to appreciate a lot of beautiful technical-first design decisions for the first time. (Have you ever tried to match a CUSIP number before?? It's painful.)
- We're a well-funded company with runway that can last us through the bear market
- A downtown NYC office with our own rooftop - We have a 3,300 sqft office in Soho, with a private roof. We operate on a hybrid model, where most employees come in a couple of times per week.
- Hardware - Whatever you need to get things done, plus a stipend to set up your home office.
- Learning budget - Buy courses and attend conferences or hackathons.
- Monthly Wellness Stipend - Take care of yourself, whatever that means for you!
- Unlimited Vacation - Take time off when you need it - 2 week minimum.
- Top-notch healthcare plans - We offer the best available platinum PPO and other similar plans that give you the most options with the lowest deductibles.
- Ability to take ownership and build out functions within your department
About the Role
Build the future of token operations with us by designing and implementing financial systems that scale. We're looking for someone who is obsessed with code quality and is comfortable going from zero-to-one.
What you'll do
- Work on the forefront of token distribution technology at the infrastructure level, solving edge-cases around token distribution, writing smart contracts for tokens worth millions of dollars.
- Build polished user experiences and applications
- Where appropriate, ensure code modularity in the code written by the team through peer code-reviews, to increase our team's velocity and make our code infrastructure more scalable
What we're looking for
- Experience leading technical initiatives with mission-critical or large impact (thousands of users, millions of assets etc).
- Experience working in fast-paced teams that ship with speed and safety.
- Comfortable working in sprint cycles and willing to bite the bullet when critical issues pop up.
- Voracious learner and low ego.
- Familiarity with our tech stack (TypeScript, Next, Postgres, Prisma, GraphQL).
- Based in New York City or San Francisco and open to a hybrid work environment.
Magna's Tech Stack
Magna is a multi-chain dapp, and our stack includes TypeScript, Next.js, React and GraphQL, as well as the native languages for various blockchains (i.e. Solidity, Rust, Move).
Experience with any of these is nice to have, but not a requirement:
- DevOps, infrastructure, or data analytics experience
- Interfacing with smart contracts and blockchain via libraries (any blockchain).
- Applications where security and integrity is extremely important (finance, fintech, government, etc)
Reasons you might be the right candidate for this role:
- Passion for engineering - genuine passion and curiosity for the craft that you bring to work each day
- Good taste - You think critically about how you build what you build, and apply good judgment to every design and implementation decision along the way.