|Published||September 4, 2023|
|Location||New York, NY|
At Aztec, our goal is to take the original promise of Ethereum-a decentralized and verifiable world computer-and expand its capability immensely by making it fully encrypted.
In the current public blockchain paradigm, users and entities unknowingly broadcast data in the public, compromising privacy and security to get trustlessness.
Not only are unencrypted blockchains inherently privacy-exposing, they require significant redundancy to compute and verify the legitimacy of transactions.
Implementing scalable encryption in a public blockchain paradigm requires cutting-edge math and engineering. Thankfully, our team of scientists and engineers invented Plonk, the industry-standard zkSNARK, and Noir, the universal language of zero knowledge.
Now, we're building a first of its kind public-private encrypted blockchain: Ethereum, encrypted. And it's now time to bring it to market.
We've raised $125 million from industry-leading investors including a16z crypto, Paradigm, Variant, Consensys, and a_capital, and we're growing quickly.
We're looking for entrepreneurial thinkers that are interested in tackling new problems working across the entire codebase to:
- Understand the full system architecture end to end
- Prioritize and document technical debt and un-necessary complexity within the system
- Implement solutions and improvements for key stakeholders
- Refactor code, improving readability, documentation, maintainability and unit testing
- Influence and enhance current engineering bar
- Ensure we're using the most up-to-date tooling and development workflows for maximum developer efficiency
- Bachelor's degree in related technical field
- 3+ years solid engineering experience in web3 / blockchain
- Strong knowledge of Merkle Trees and how they work
- Fluent in Typescript (3+ years experience)
- Full stack capable, but with a focus on backend architecture, development and deployment at scale
- Able to provide clear and constructive feedback on less senior engineers' PR's, mentoring where necessary
- C++ and Solidity experience a bonus
- Located in the New York City area or can work in Eastern Time zone
- Familiarity with current Ethereum tooling (for inspiration)
- Passion for the web3 space
- Familiarity with other private blockchain technologies like ZCash
- Knowledge of peer-to-peer decentralized networking tools
Base Salary: $175,000 - $220,000 + equity + additional benefits. The salary for this position will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
What we offer:
- Flexible and remote work environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays annually
- Additional benefits include health insurance, retirement plans, and opportunities for professional development.
- Quarterly offsite travel for collaboration
- Events and conference budget
- An opportunity to work at the cutting edge of blockchain and FinTech with a world class cryptography and engineering team
Aztec Labs is an equal opportunity employer and we value creativity, diversity, and intellectual curiosity. If you're passionate about leveraging your creative talents to make a real-world impact, and if you want to be part of a team that's shaping the future of digital privacy, then we would love to hear from you.