|Published||November 24, 2022|
|Location||New York, NY|
|Job Type||Contractor Full-time|
EquiLend is a leading provider of trading, post-trade, market data and clearing services for the securities finance industry with offices in New York, Boston, Toronto, London, Dublin, Hong Kong and Tokyo. EquiLend is owned by Bank of America, Merrill Lynch, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley, National Bank of Canada, Northern Trust, State Street and UBS.
We are looking to hire a Smart Contract Engineer as part of a new initiative to process trades on ledger using the latest DLT & cloud technologies and work on the firm's B2B multi-tier platform alongside our client applications.
The right candidate will be an experienced developer who has expertise in working with smart contract technologies such as DAML & Canton, Solidity & Ethereum or Kotlin & R3 Corda. The Smart Contract Engineer will play a key role in operationalizing a green field project to represent Securities Finance contracts and their lifecycle on a distributed ledger / Blockchain.
Read on for more information about EquiLend's competitive benefits.
* Deliver complex enterprise solutions with high code standards including unit testing and e2e testing
* Participate in Agile software development projects and tasks include coding, testing, debugging, documentation, peer-review, deploying, monitoring, and support
* Participate in task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for development and maintenance activities
* Collaborate with a cross-functional team of developers, project managers, product managers, quality assurance, management and operations
* Commercial experience of one or more smart contract technologies to build solutions in the enterprise
* Two or more years of solid experience with hands-on object orientated languages such as Java or C#
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
* Experience building and using RESTful APIs with microservice frameworks such as Spring Boot
* Strong working knowledge of Cloud based infrastructure such as AWS/Azure
* Proficiency using Github
* Linux/Unix environment experience
* Financial services experience preferred & strong willingness to learn the underlying Securities Lending Business
* Previous experience working with DAML or Solidity (desirable)
* Work experience using a functional language such as Scala or Haskell (desirable)
Our Benefits - EquiLend is proud to offer a robust suite of benefits designed to support employees at all stages of life and career:
* Hybrid schedule with substantial remote flexibility
* Generous PTO, plus bank holidays
* Health insurance coverage beginning on day 1 of employment; competitive plan options (health, vision, dental, and transit)
* 401(k) employer matching contribution plan
* Friendly environment; regular company events (both virtual and in-office); access to an employee engagement platform
* Weekly remote yoga sessions, paid access to a mindfulness-based mental health app
* Financial support for select training and skills building opportunities