|Published||September 10, 2023|
About this role
- Contribute to the evaluation, development, and execution of the digital assets strategy and roadmap for BlackRock and the Aladdin platform
- Evaluate different blockchain protocols to explore solution alternatives. Determine optimal architectures factoring in feasibility, maturity of solutions, cost, time to market etc.
- Contribute to and lead blockchain focused technical integrations to existing enterprise technology stacks
- Serve as a trusted technical and architectural advisor to deliver solutions in partnership with business and technology teams.
- Manage development requirements to deliver end-to-end technology solutions to business problems
- Lead the build-out of the firm's competencies in emerging future state blockchain-based architectures, including tokenization
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in designing and developing blockchain solutions, including integration into the wider enterprise technology stacks
- 4+ years of experience in architecting and implementing enterprise technology applications
- Technical understanding of leading blockchain protocols, strengths and limitations
- Strong experience designing, developing, and operating resilient and scalable distributed systems
- Solid understanding of cryptography, encryption and automation
- Experience with cloud infrastructure services such as Microsoft, Google or Amazon
- Proficiency in Java or Python and Solidity programming languages
- Experience working with fintechs in the blockchain ecosystem
- Experience in securities and financial services preferred
- Experience working with financial infrastructure such as FIX, SWIFT, MQ preferred
- Entrepreneurial and results oriented
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to present and convey technical concepts and ideas
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $135,375 - $152,500. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.