Sr. to Lead Software Engineer – Hypergrowth Crypto Startup
|Published||March 18, 2023|
|Location||San Francisco, CA|
Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general. Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us. After you apply to this job posting, we ll consider you for this job as well as any other potential matches with our client companies. If we have any potential matches, we ll share your resume with those companies and contact you about any interview opportunities we can get you. Thank you!
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Sr. to Lead Software Engineer - Hypergrowth Crypto Startup
Location: San Francisco or Remote
The company's team includes some of the biggest names in the fintech, blockchain and cryptocurrency realm. The founding team includes payments domain experts, the Cofounder of a highly valued cryptocurrency, world-class cryptography theorists, and well-known cryptocurrency investors. One of the founders has founded 2 companies that are valued at over $1 billion, including a rapidly growing fintech unicorn that was recently valued at over $10 billion dollars.
The company's product is in the realms of consumer fintech, web and mobile, payments, blockchain and cryptocurrency.
The company has raised about $80 million in funding. They are backed by some of the top investors in the space, as well as the founder of a tech company that is valued at over $50 billion.
The company has about 55 employees and 15 engineers (both are about double what they were 1 year ago). The company plans to hire 20-30 engineers in the next 18 months.
In addition to competitive salary, the company is offering significant equity in the company which would translate into tokens of their cryptocurrency which could be highly lucrative.
- Primarily programming with Node.js
- You will be on the forefront of the rapidly advancing cryptocurrency ecosystem, building next-generation blockchain technology that only recently has become possible to develop.
- You will be developing a payments network for massive scale, which requires a strong focus on security and user trust.
- Developing product roadmap features, analytics tools, and contributing to open source.
- Must be exceptionally intelligent, with the ability to pick up new methods and technologies quickly.
- Expertise in at least one of these programming languages (in order of preference): 1) Solidity or Go or Scala or Node.js or Haskell or OCaml, 2) Java or C++ or C#, 3) Python, 4) Ruby on Rails or PHP
- A language agnostic mentality. Interest and ability to rapidly learn whatever language is best for the job. Willing to learn (if necessary) and primarily program in Node.js
- Integrity, discipline, and unparalleled work ethic are three of your core values
- You must be cool under pressure and hyper efficient.
- Deep interest in blockchain technology.
Nice to have:
- Existing experience as a blockchain and crypto visionary
- Contributions or other demonstrated interest in blockchain technology and applications
- Leadership ability, demonstrated by experience hiring and managing engineers at an amazing company
- Understanding of cryptographic theory - enough to understand general tradeoffs
- Deep knowledge of at least one of:
- Payment channels
- Lightning networks
- Passion for:
- Decentralized applications / systems
- Political systems, both historical and on the blockchain
- Incentive structures and Game theory
- Payments and payments related systems
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here:
- provided by Dice