|Published||November 15, 2022|
Marcum LLP offers a great career with exceptional benefits.
There's a lot to think about when it comes to launching your accounting career. At Marcum, we offer you a world of opportunity, a highly competitive salary, exceptional benefits, flexible work options, and industry-leading technology, all within an environment that values your contributions and supports your professional growth.
At Marcum, eligible associates receive a benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and transit benefits, as well as paid time off, a 401(k) plan with an employer contribution, and a profit sharing plan.
Marcum Technology has one of the largest Digital Assets Advisory groups in the country and they are looking for a full time Supervisor/Manager - Blockchain & Digital Assets to join their team. Travel is required.
Marcum Technology is proud to be at the forefront of this emerging industry, providing blockchain & digital asset services to both domestic and international clients, from start-ups to mature businesses, providing expertise and solutions to enable digital asset and distributed ledger technology companies, to ensure their audit, accounting, reporting, and tax compliance requirements are met. We continue to expand our practice fueled by new client acquisitions and growth of our existing client businesses - growth is limitless!
The Supervisor/Manager must have:
* Demonstrated in-depth understanding of digital assets, blockchains, wallets and an ability to conduct research on complex topics
* Familiarity with popular digital currency platforms including exchanges, custodians, wallets, lending platforms, etc.
* 3+ years' experience in a similar role overseeing, planning, and reviewing projects; as well as at least 1 year of supervising staff and interacting with clients.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field. Certified Bitcoin Professional (CBP) or similar certifications is a plus.
* Knowledge of, or experience with auditing and/or digital forensics
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Maintaining an up to date understanding of the digital asset and blockchain technology industry in order to assess trends and their impacts to clients
* Performing complex reconciliations related to digital asset holdings, cost basis reconstructions, realized/unrealized gains/losses on digital asset holdings.
* Assisting in gaining an understanding of and documenting client digital asset systems, including but not limited to, node setup, wallet structures, key generation and general system understanding
* Researching digital asset and blockchain information as it relates to our clients
* Assisting in developing procedures and industry best practices for a new and evolving asset class
* Conducting research, consulting with team members, drawing conclusions and preparing memos based on target issues related to blockchain and digital asset
* Supervise, train and mentor staff on the Digital Currency Team.
* Overseeing and executing blockchain/digital asset specific projects
* Acting as one of the lead technical and security digital asset SMEs for the firm and acting as a liaison for existing service lines (audit, tax, consulting)
* Leading industry events and working groups, including internal CPE as well as webinars and presentations to external groups
* Communicating with Managers and Partners on work status and client issues that arise
* Master's degree in Accounting/Finance, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
* CPA, CISA, Certified Bitcoin Professional (CBP), Certified Ethereum Professional (CEP) or similar certifications
* 1+ years' supervisory experience
* Hands-on experience using digital asset Exchanges, DeFi Products, Custodians, block explorers and various hot & cold wallet solutions
* Software Experience - CCH ProSystem, Microsoft Office 365, Advanced Excel, , Python, Solidity
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.
Are you a search or recruiting firm interested in becoming a preferred recruitment agency? Click here to learn more.