|Published||August 29, 2023|
Temporary Programmer - Blockchain
School of Business-JM
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
An entry level computer programmer for blockchain. The candidate will be responsible for developing, coding, testing, and debugging blockchain-based applications. They will work closely with WPI FabLab for Social Good faculty and students (team) members to implement blockchain solutions for companies participating with the FabLab.
- Writing clean, efficient, and maintainable code for blockchain-based applications using relevant programming languages such as Solidity, C++, Java, Python, or others.
- Participating in the design, development, and testing of blockchain protocols, smart contracts, and decentralized applications (dApps) using industry-standard tools and frameworks.
- Collaborating with WPI and external teams to understand project requirements, troubleshoot issues, and provide technical expertise on blockchain-related topics.
- Debugging and resolving technical issues and bugs in blockchain applications.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest advancements and trends in blockchain technology, and applying them to optimize applications.
- Assisting in the documentation of technical specifications, design patterns, and best practices for blockchain development.
- Actively participating in team meetings and discussions.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Strong programming skills in at least one relevant programming language, such as Solidity, C++, Java, Python, or others.
- Familiarity with blockchain concepts, protocols, and tools.
- Basic understanding of smart contracts, dApps, and blockchain development frameworks.
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Eagerness to learn and adapt to new technologies and programming languages as needed.
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. It seeks individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity, collaboration, inclusion, problem solving, innovation, high performance, and change making. It is committed to maintaining a campus environment free of harassment and discrimination.