|November 6, 2022
*Web3 Staff Engineer*
*Who we are*
Decent DAO is accelerating the decentralized future and restoring power to individuals. In-studio to on-chain, we’ve taken our mission out in the open, inviting builders, founders, and degens alike to share knowledge, define new opportunities, and establish a true meritocracy where prosperity is available to all. Want in on the action? Keep reading. And let’s show the world how Web3 could be and should be done.
*Who are you?*
A Web3 Staff Engineer at Decent is highly skilled, focused, and driven to learn. Engineers at Decent work with our product managers to innovate, architect, and develop user-facing applications for our portfolio of startups. In addition, the Web3 Staff Engineer works closely with designers and fellow engineers to successfully execute the implementation, testing, and deployment of applications.
You have at least four years’ experience (or equivalent knowledge) in developing high-performing blockchain apps or smart contracts and can provide code samples that demonstrate this.
You have a passion for building bleeding-edge technology on the blockchain. You’re a creative thinker and analytical problem solver who is inspired by the opportunity to build new startups and products and is unafraid to push the boundaries of what’s possible with technology. You possess a deep mastery of other open-source technologies that power the web. You can write and speak fluent English.
At Decent, you’ll grow as a wise architect and developer with experience executing complex development roadmaps from inception to deployment.
* Design, scope, and estimate complex applications at the feature level.
* Build applications and services that power new products interacting with Ethereum (or other) blockchains.
* Envision and develop features to help build new applications.
* Identify and advocate for team-wide areas of improvement and best practices.
* Mentor team members to refine their technical and architectural skills.
* Turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter by working with engineers, product managers and senior leadership.
* Experience owning and shipping multiple products
* 5+ years of industry experience in software engineering
* A mastery of Node.js and React with an understanding of encryption and cryptography fundamentals
* Basic Solidity understanding, preferably with at least one project shipped to mainnet
* Ability to quickly iterate and ship code using test-driven development patterns
* Ability to build modern, event-driven React frontends, converting Figma designs into functional components
* Mastery of CSS, preferably via a library like TailwindCSS
* Experience with version control, such as Git
* Knowledge of engineering best practices such as continuous integration
* Exceptional judgment, problem-solving skills, and an analytical mindset
* Ability to work in areas beyond your comfort zone and motivated by personal growth
* A passion for learning and a self-awareness of your learning style
Since 2017, our efforts to dismantle centralized power structures in finance have helped launch over 30 groundbreaking DeFi products. We've fine-tuned the art of building and scaling successful products at the crossroads of financial technology and digital rights.
Today, our open-source collective connects contributors across the crypto spectrum with the cutting-edge tools and technologies they need to build thriving, self-sufficient communities. Working out in the open, we rally our community to create a DeFi experience that’s free, fair, and accessible for all.
Decent is an ecosystem of proven software builders, early adopters of cryptocurrency, and the protocols we create to advance our core mission: leveraging human intelligence in the most efficient way to accelerate decentralization. Join our global distributed talent and intelligent capital network and reap the benefits:
* Work in a rapidly expanding global rocketship.
* Unlock a unique chance to contribute to web3.
* Join a team that cares about products and working conditions.
* Work flexible hours.
* Enjoy full-time, paid vacations.
* Be fully remote.
*How to Apply*
Fill this form here to tell us about you, showcase your relevant projects and experience, and provide a brief overview of your relevant experience and interest in the position:
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $150,000.00 - $190,000.00 per year
* Flexible schedule
* Professional development assistance
Work Location: Remote